The Honors Program at Plymouth State is a modern honors program that reflects PSU’s innovative approach to education. It emphasizes enrichment experiences outside of the classroom, with project work determined by the interests and passions of the students themselves. It’s hands-on, interactive and meant to further enhance the college experience in a meaningful way for our most high-achieving students.
The Honors Program at Plymouth State brings together a diverse group of high-achieving students from across our many programs. It is an enrichment program meant to offer an enhanced experience during your academic career at Plymouth State. There is no fee for membership.
Benefits of the Honors Program include:
- Passion Project: Pursue a personalized independent study on a topic of interest to you, under the guidance of a faculty or professional staff member. Receive 1 to 4 academic credits towards your degree.
- Project Management: Play a leadership role in one of PSU’s many cluster initiatives or open lab projects. Receive 1 to 4 academic credits towards your degree.
- Note: Honors students must complete one passion project and/or one role as project manager during their academic career at PSU.
- Social Events: Attend numerous social events specifically for honors students. Meet other high achieving students from across campus.
- Enrichment Events: Partake in enrichment events including faculty presentations of their latest research, alumni talking about their work experiences, and entrepreneurs and social change makers from around the area discussing their success and failures.
- Your Own Lounge and Residential Hall Space: Study and mingle in your own Honors space right in the center of campus. Optional Honors residential areas are also available.
- Distinction at Graduation: Wear a distinctive cord at graduation and have “Honors” printed on your diploma.