Graduate Tuition and Fees

Tuition and Mandatory Fees

Tuition and fees for academic year 2018–2019 are listed below.

Program Resident Non-Resident Mandatory Fees Annual Resident Annual Non Resident Annual Mandatory Fees
MEd & MBA $525 $605 $38
CAGS $555 $645 $38
EDD $615 $720 $38
Master's Program On Campus $525 $750 $38 $15,790 (2 terms) $22,440 (2 terms) $1,140 (2 terms)
Doctor of Physical Therapy $735 $855 $38 $26,520 (3 terms) $30,740 (3 terms) $1,368 (3 terms)

A $30 non refundable registration fee will be assessed each term when registering for courses.

All students are required to pay the mandatory fees that cover such items as health services, student activities and organizations, the student union and recreation facilities, building maintenance and upkeep, and technical equipment in computer clusters, language labs, art facilities, and labs.

Course Registration and Payment

There are a variety of options available for students to register for a graduate course. Students are to register and pay for all courses, including independent studies, individual enrollments, practica, theses or master’s research projects, and internships prior to the beginning of studies. Students who have a financial hold on their account are not permitted to register for courses. Students who have not been admitted into a graduate degree program may take up to 12 graduate credits, but are not eligible for federal student aid until admitted into a degree program. Once students have reached the 12-credit maximum, additional coursework cannot be pursued until admission has been granted.

Students who have an active myPlymouth account may register for courses online through the myPlymouth portal. Online registration is available during specific time frames leading up to the start of the classes. Registration forms outside of these time frames must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Registration forms can be mailed, faxed, or delivered in person to the Office of the Registrar.

Methods of Payment

Payments must be made by the term due date or guaranteed at the time of registration.

Out-of-Pocket Payments

Online Payments

Students can pay their bill online via e-check or credit card by clicking the “Pay Now” button located on their online bill in the myPlymouth portal.

Credit Card

Payments may be made using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa. Please Note: A non-refundable 2.75 percent service charge will be assessed on all credit/debit card transactions. Payments made via e-check will not be assessed a service charge. Contact Student Account Services for more information at (603) 535-2215 or e-mail:


Payment may be made with a personal check, cashier’s check, or money order. A student ID number must be noted on the check or money order. Checks should be made payable to Plymouth State University.

Guaranteed Anticipated Payments

Financial Aid

Students must be matriculated (degree-seeking) and taking at least three credits of degree-required coursework to be eligible for federal financial aid. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Team at (603) 535-2338, (877) 846-5755, or visit

External (non-PSU) Scholarships and Awards

If students have received an external scholarship or award, a copy of the award letter must be submitted to the Student Account Services Office. The award letter must include the student ID number, the award amount to be paid and for which term, and the awarding organization’s name and address. In order for the award to be considered as an authorized payment on the tuition bill account, the award must not be contingent upon grades, grade point average, course completion, or any other criteria prior to it being paid to PSU. If contingencies on the award exist, it cannot count as an anticipated payment toward the student’s bill and the student will need to pay this award amount through some other means. If, later on, the student meets the required criteria and the award payment comes in, the student can be reimbursed for the overpayment.

Purchase Orders and Government Authorizations

If tuition is to be paid by an employer, a government agency, or any such third-party company, the student must submit a letter of authorization or a purchase order to the Student Account Services Office from their third-party payer. In order for this type of payment agreement to be considered an authorized payment on the tuition bill account, payment must not be contingent upon grades, grade point average, course completion, or any other criteria. Students must make sure their third-party authorization or purchase order (PO) includes their name, student ID number, the maximum billing amount, and the third-party company’s name and address. If students fail to include any of this information, the authorization or PO will not be accepted and they will be required to pay their bill out-of-pocket. If all the necessary information is provided, the Student Account Services Office will invoice the third-party company for the authorized amount. Please note that if the company or agency has a policy to reimburse students for their course(s), students will be responsible for making the tuition payment themselves.

Internal Scholarships and Awards: If students receive internal assistance (e.g., graduate assistantship or mentor teacher waiver), the award letter or waiver form must be submitted to Student Account Services. If students are eligible for a staff tuition waiver, the USNH Tuition Benefit form must be submitted online through WISE at the time of registration.

Note: Federal financial aid regulations require that all resources that help fund educational expenses be reported. Receipt of educational resources, including those listed above and others such as GI Bill benefits, may impact financial aid award amounts. Visit for additional information about payment options.

Graduate Student Overdue Account and Collection Policy

Tuition and fees for graduate courses are to be paid by the due date of the term or at the time of course registration. Miscellaneous charges (e.g., library overdue fees, parking citation fees) are to be paid within 30 days from the date on which they were billed. If they are not paid in 30 days, a financial hold is placed on the account and the student will not be allowed to register for courses until the amount has been paid in full. This hold also prohibits students from receiving official transcripts, certification awards and statements, and degree conferral. A monthly e-mail message is sent to students’ PSU e-mail account with a reminder to check their myPlymouth account for new charges. Financial balances that are outstanding for more than 30 days will be assessed a 1.5 percent interest late fee until they are paid in full. Accounts that have outstanding balances from a previous term will be turned over for collection.

Statement of Financial Responsibility

By enrolling in classes at PSU, students accept full responsibility for tuition bill accounts and agree to pay all charges incurred as a result of their student status. Students also acknowledge that late fees will be assessed monthly for overdue balances and collection costs may be added to a student’s account if the services of a collection agency are employed.

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate assistants are an important part of Plymouth State’s collaborative learning community. They work alongside faculty, staff, and students to help achieve the University’s goals, while gaining valuable experience as assistants, researchers, and teachers.

Graduate assistantships are available on a limited basis to highly qualified graduate students who have been fully accepted into a graduate program at Plymouth State. Applications for assistantships should be submitted to Academic Affairs by April 1 for the upcoming year. The application is available online. Assistantship waivers cover only course work that is directly related to a student’s academic program.

Students admitted to the post professional athletic training programs may be eligible for a limited number of athletic training graduate assistantships. Advanced athletic training students should review athletic-training for athletic training assistantship and application information as the application and deadline are different than the general assistantship application.

MS programs in biology, applied meteorology, and environmental science and policy award a limited number of research assistantships that are grant funded. Students who are awarded a research grant assist faculty members with research that often informs and complements student thesis and professional work. Students in the science programs should consult with their program advisor to learn about research assistantships.